If you love hot cocoa bombs, you will love these White Chocolate Cappuccino Bombs: the double layer chocolate shell, filled with rich and sweet cappuccino powder, fluffy and melty marshmallows, and fun sprinkles to create the most delicious treat!
Hot chocolate bombs have been the trend for so long, and I just thought – how can we do this, but with loads of caffeine? So I created these white chocolate cappuccino bombs.
The white chocolate will add a lovely creamy sweetness to your coffee. These are perfect for gifts or as a special indulgent treat – you deserve it!
What kind of chocolate should I use for my cappuccino bombs?
When it comes to what chocolate to use, I prefer using light cocoa candy melts because it melts so easily and the flavor is great. You want a very spreadable melted chocolate.
The key is using a good quality melting chocolate – low quality chocolate will not melt smoothly, and you will miss out on the beautiful white candy coating.
Tips and Tricks
- When melting your chocolate in the microwave you want to be very careful. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, and heat for 30 second increments, stirring really well in between each.
- There is a very quick and simple cappuccino mix recipe for these cappuccino bombs – feel free to use your own, or use your favorite store bought mix.
- I chose white chocolate, but feel free to switch it up with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even melt some butterscotch chips for an extra sweet and rich flavor!
- You can make these any flavor – want some extra chocolate goodness? Add chocolate chips to your cappuccino mix. Want a strong cappuccino coffee flavor? Add some instant espresso powder.
- Be very careful when forming these – gently press the top of the cappuccino bomb when forming. This is a thin layer of chocolate and will crack very easily.
- Patience is key with these! Do not rush the melting or hardening process.
- Any spherical mold will work, but I recommend this one.
Can I store my coffee bombs?
These will store nicely for about 2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature. If they do begin to melt a bit you can also place them in the fridge and then place them back at room temperature.
How do I use Cappuccino bombs?
When you are ready to enjoy, place your cappuccino bomb in a glass then pour warm milk on top! Watch your chocolate melt and release everything inside.
Be sure your liquid is hot enough or they will not open. Once the chocolate is melted, stir and enjoy.
- 1 12oz bag Candy Melts, (I use Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts for best results)
- Sprinkles, optional
- About 12 Mini Marshmallows, optional
Cappuccino Mix (You can also buy this if you choose)
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup hot cocoa mix
- 3/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized jar and set aside.
Cappuccino Bomb Shells
- Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt at 30-second intervals, stirring in between each one, until candy melts are smooth.
- Use a spoon to scoop the melted chocolate into the silicone molds, and then brush evenly up the sides, until completely coated. Do this with all 12 molds (there should be some chocolate leftover at this point)
- Place the molds in the freezer for 2-3 minutes.
- Take molds out of the freezer and add another layer of chocolate, then freeze for another 2-3 mnutes (there should still be a small amount of chocolate leftover)
- Carefully remove the chocolate from the molds.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cappuccino mix to one side, about 5 mini marshmallows, and some sprinkles.
- Take leftover melted chocolate, and put it in a piping bag with the tip cut off. Pipe a layer of chocolate onto one side of the mold, then quickly take the other side and press it on top to form a complete sphere.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top, then quickly add sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate some time to harden, and when ready to use, place in a glass and pour over hot milk.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
For another easy treat, see my Brown Butter Pecan Rice Krispie Treats!