These honey garlic pork chops are easy to cook, tasty, and on your table in less than 20 minutes. A perfect family loved pork chops recipe on a budget!
Start off by generously seasoning the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Then heat some olive oil and butter on your skillet over medium high heat.
While waiting for your oil and butter to heat up, get started on your honey garlic sauce (you can make double the sauce for extra juicy pork chops!). The sauce is super easy – just take all your sauce ingredients and mix in a small bowl!
Once your butter and oil is sizzling, place all your pork chops on the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. When both sides are cooked, push chops to the side of the skillet and scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan (for flavor!). Reduce the heat to medium and add the sauce, garlic, and an extra tablespoon of butter.
Cook the sauce and the pork chops together until the sauce is thickened and a deep amber color. Spoon the sauce onto the pork chops, glazing them until they reach a lovely golden brown. This entire process should take no more than 15-20 minutes of cooking time.
What to serve with honey garlic pork chops
These can be bone-in or boneless pork chops, served over rice, with veggies, or they are delicious by themselves.
Tips for cooking:
- If you do not like heat, you can lessen the amount of cayenne in the sauce.
- Pork does not need to be cooked well-done – a safe internal temperature for pork is 145 degrees Fahrenheit. I cooked my pork until medium temperature at 160 degrees.
- Make the sauce ahead of time. The cooking does not take a long time, and having the sauce ready to go will reduce stress in the kitchen.
- Have all ingredients measured and ready to go before starting. You do not want to be ripping your cupboard apart looking for apple cider vinegar while your pork is cooking.
- The garlic can either be minced or chopped – the only difference is that minced is a finer chop. I prefer chopped garlic for this recipe.
- If serving with rice, cook the rice in chicken stock rather than water for deeper flavor. Long grain rice can be easily made in an instant pot using this recipe: Instant Pot Long Grain Rice
- 1 lb boneless pork chops
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Oil and butter for the pan
- 1 tbsp butter
Sweet and Spicy Honey Sauce
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, then set aside.
- While heating up the butter and oil in a pan, generously season each side of each pork chop with salt and pepper
- Once the pan is heated, add pork chops and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Once both sides are cooked, push the pork chops to the side of the pan, add 1 tbsp butter, chopped garlic, and prepapred sauce.
- Cook until the sauce is slightly thickened and darker in color, spooning the sauce onto the pork chops as you go.
- When the pork chops are fully glazed with the sauce, serve hot over rice.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g