Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
This Peach Salsa Recipe is made with fresh garden ingredients and comes together in minutes! You’ll never settle for store bought salsa again.
Summer is the time for fresh ingredients and homemade meals. This Peach Salsa is the perfect summertime farmers market recipe, using only fresh ingredients and all the best flavors for a salsa that can go on anything! I love this salsa with chicken or fish tacos, and it’s amazing on pork tacos!
If you love peaches like I do, try my Grilled Peaches.
For another recipe made with only fresh farmers market ingredients, try my Summer Salad!
What does Peach Salsa taste like?
Like most fruit based salsas, Peach Salsa is a nice blend of sweet and spicy. It is made with jalapeno for a bit of heat, plus some ground cumin for an extra kick of salsa flavor.
What do I need to get started?
For this tasty fruit salsa, you will only need a few basic ingredients!
- Ripe Peaches
- Roma Tomatoes.
- Red onion.
- Fresh cilantro.
- Fresh Lime juice. You want the freshly squeezed stuff, straight from a lime. Not the little plastic jars in the produce aisle!
- Salt and pepper.
- Ground cumin.
How to make Peach Salsa
You want to start with chopping and prepping the peaches, tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno. Peal and dice the peaches. Dice the tomatoes. Chop the red onion. Seed and dice the jalapenos into really small pieces. Mince the cilantro. Then squeeze the limes, and measure out the salt and cumin.
Once everything is prepared, add all ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl. Toss it all together until it’s really well combined.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. You don’t have to do this step, but it really allows the flavors to meld together and makes the salsa really juicy without having to get out the food processor.
And that is it! Place the salsa in a serving dish and enjoy.
Storage and Make Ahead
Store the Peach Salsa in an airtight container in the fridge. It will stay good for a week. I do not recommend keeping it any longer or freezing it, so it stays nice and fresh.
How to serve Peach Salsa
I loved my Peach Salsa with tortilla chips and on tacos, but there are so many ways to serve!
- Serve on grilled chicken for a super flavorful dinner.
- Quesadillas! I topped my chicken quesadillas with peach salsa and loved it.
- Classic tortilla chips and salsa.
- It goes great with fish or pork or chicken tacos!
Tips and Tricks
- Allowing the salsa time in the fridge makes it a great consistency for salsa and allows the flavors time to grow together.
- Cut in really tiny pieces for the best outcome!
- If you don’t want the heat from the jalapenos, replace it with green or red bell peppers.
- If you aren’t a fan of peach, sub the fruit out for something you love, like a great mango salsa!
- Add some lime zest for extra citrus flavor.
Make this to top on my Smoked Pork Tacos!
Sweet and spicy Peach Salsa made with all fresh ingredients!
- 1lb Roma Tomatoes
- 4 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced very small
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- In a medium sized bowl, add all the ingredients and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or with tacos, enjoy
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 70Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 393mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 3gSugar 13gProtein 2g