These Air Fryer Spanish Chickpeas are a super easy snack for when you want something quick and flavorful. Done in under 20 minutes for when you want a crunchy snack!
I always need something to eat while I’m watching tv. Sometimes it’s a full dinner or snack, but most of the time I just want a quick snack to nibble on. And it’s nice to find a healthy snack, rather than potato chips for all your crunchy cravings – this crispy chickpea recipe is loaded with flavor with the satisfying texture of a snack and none of the guilt of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos 🙂
Try my Air Fryer Meatballs for a delicious dinner made in the air fryer!
What do I need for Air Fryer Chickpeas?
- An air fryer. This air fryer instant pot combo for something super high quality, but any air fryer will work.
- Chickpeas. I used canned. Just make sure they are thoroughly rinsed and drained.
- Olive oil, for coating the chickpeas.
- These spices: Spanish paprika, dried oregano, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add in a little cayenne if you like heat.
How to make Chickpeas in the Air Fryer
This snack is so easy to make, it only needs a 15 minute cook time and under 5 minutes prep!
Take your chickpeas out of the can, then drain the chickpeas and rinse in a strainer. Pat dry with a paper towel.
Then, mix the chickpeas with olive oil in a medium bowl, making sure the chickpeas are completely coated. Add the spice mixture and toss together.
Place the chickpeas into the air fryer basket after it has preheated, then air fry chickpeas at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes, depending on your preferred crisp level. After about 8 minutes, shake the basket to get a more even color.
Remove the cooked chickpeas and serve anytime – they can be eaten warm or at room temperature!
Store the roasted chickpeas in an airtight container for up to 2 days. I don’t recommend making too far ahead of time, because you want them to be as crispy as possible. If they lose some of their crispy factor, throw them in the air fryer again for a 1-2 minutes.
The spices for these chickpeas are:
- Paprika. The recipe calls for Spanish or Smoked Paprika. I do not recommend the one just called “paprika” as it does not have as strong of a flavor.
- Dried Oregano.
- Ground Cumin.
- Garlic Powder.
- Cayenne – this is optional. I did not use cayenne. But if you like some additional heat, add 1/4 tsp.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, then slightly pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss together chickpeas, olive oil, and spices.
- Air fry for 15-17 minutes, depending on how your preferred level of crisp. Shake the basket about 8 minutes into air frying.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container.