Weeknight meals have never been easier with these Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas! The easiest and most delicious sheet pan meal with almost no prep time and lots of tasty fajita flavor!
Who doesn’t love a good fajita recipe? I’m usually more of a taco girl but this time I wanted a super easy no-fuss recipe and there is no better or more delicious way to do that than sheet pan fajitas!
And for something a little more unique for dinner, I decided to do this shrimp fajitas recipe rather than the standard chicken fajitas. We all want to switch it up every now and again!
What do I need to get started?
- A sheet pan or baking sheet. You can use any you have, but I like to use Wilton.
- Shrimp that is peeled, deveined, and has the tails removed.
- Olive oil.
- Lime juice.
- Garlic. You want fresh cloves, rather than garlic powder.
- A delicious blend of fajita seasoning – chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. I always recommend mixing the spices together rather than buying the prepackaged stuff.
- Bell peppers. Any blend of colors you prefer, but I used green and red.
- Spanish onion.
- Warm tortillas.
How to make Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Start by preheating your oven to 400.
Place the shrimp, sliced peppers, and sliced onions into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, honey, lime juice, garlic, and spices and toss together.
Transfer the mixture to a sheet pan and spread out evenly.
Bake for 20 minutes to cook the shrimp all the way through and serve with warm tortilla shells, lime wedges, sour cream, and salsa.
What toppings go on fajitas?
In addition to the traditional peppers and onions, you can serve a bunch more with your shrimp fajitas to make them extra amazing!
- Cilantro. I find fresh cilantro really elevates the shrimp fajitas to another level.
- Salsa. I love pico de gallo, but any salsa you love will work great too.
- Sour cream.
- Grated cheese.
- Sliced avocado or guacamole.
Storage and Freezing
You will not need any make-ahead tricks with this – it is so easy to throw together on a busy weeknight after a long day at work.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat, heat in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, or with olive oil over medium heat until heated through.
To freeze, place in a freezer safe bag and get out as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months and bring to room temperature before reheating.
Tips and Tricks for Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- I love my fajitas with juicy shrimp, but you can replace the shrimp with any meat of your choosing! Steak, chicken, beef, or pork are all great options. Just adjust the cooking time so your meat is fully cooked before serving.
- Wrap your tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven for the last 5 minutes of cooking to warm them up.
- You can keep the extra juices made in the cooking process, but I find you don’t need them. I drained the juices off of my sheet pan before serving.
- 2lbs medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice from 2 limes, plus extra limes for serving
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 10-12 6in soft tortilla shells
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, toss together all the ingredients except for the tortilla shells.
- Evenly spread the tossed ingredients on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with warmed tortilla shells. Optional toppings, guacamole, sour cream, queso fresco, pico de gallo, jalapenos, cilantro.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 fajita
Amount Per Serving Calories 568Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 268mgSodium 1602mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 6gSugar 16gProtein 36g