Butterbeer Pancakes (3 Ingredient Pancakes)
The magical taste of Butterbeer packed into this easy 3 ingredient pancake recipe to make you feel like you’re eating breakfast at Hogwarts!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is filled with delectable foods and treats, from Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans to Chocolate Frogs to treacle tarts and pumpkin juice, Harry Potter fans have a plethora of magical foods to choose from – and most come back to Butterbeer, time and time again. It is even served at Harry Potter at Universal Studios!
Butterbeer can be served foaming and hot in a mug for a nice winter treat or cold in a bottle – and now, as pancakes. I made this quick pancake recipe in between crying over the 20 year reunion and I finished them while sobbing over Alan Rickman saying “Always.”
What do I need to make 3 Ingredient Pancakes?
- Pancake Mix. I like to use a buttermilk box mix, like this. You won’t need to break out any baking powder or eggs for this recipe!
- Butterscotch pudding mix.
- Cream soda.
Those are the only 3 necessary ingredients. You can also use the following, if you want to add a bit more to your pancakes:
- Butter extract or vanilla extract. These pancakes are so flavorful without it, but these extracts just amp it all up.
- Butterscotch or chocolate chips.
- Whipped cream.
- Maple Syrup.
- Butterscotch Topping (like the kind you’d find in the ice cream section at the grocery store.)
How to make Butterbeer Pancakes
Put your pancake mix in a bowl and whisk it together with your butterscotch pudding mix.
Once that is all combined, add your cream soda. If you are using butter extract, add that now too.
Fold it all together until it is smooth and lump free. Be careful not to overmixed – overmixed pancakes will be dry and unpleasant. Mix until it is just combined. The mixture should be golden brown at this point from the butterscotch pudding.
Take a pan and spray it generously with cooking spray, then put on a medium heat. Once the pan and spray is heated through, add your pancake batter. I like to use a measuring cup so I am using the exact same amount every time. My pancakes took about 2 1/3 cups of batter, but you can make your pancakes whatever size you wish.
Cook until the edges turn slightly brown and bubbles are forming. Flip and cook the other side for about 30 seconds to a minute. Remove from heat and add to a plate.
These pancakes are delicious eaten plain, but try any of these toppings to amp up the flavor!
- Butterscotch sauce.
- Whipped cream.
- Maple Syrup.
- Butterscotch chips.
Butterbeer pancakes are butterscotch and cream soda flavored, made with only three ingredients!
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 3.5oz package butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cream soda
- 1 tsp butter vanilla extract, optional
- Optional Toppings: whipped cream, butterscotch chips, maple syrup, sprinkles
- In a bowl, whisk together pancake mix and pudding mix.
- Add cream soda and butter extract (if using). Whisk until batter just forms - it's okay if there are still some lumps.
- Spray a small pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and put on the stove over medium heat.
- Once the pan is heated, add scoop 2/3 of pancake batter and pour into the pan in a circle shape. Heat until the edges are slightly brown and bubbles start to form under the surface. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Repeat step 4 until all pancake batter is used up.
- Serve with whipped cream, butterscotch chips, and maple syrup, if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 pancake
Amount Per Serving Calories 445Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 3mgSodium 849mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 2gSugar 49gProtein 6g