Smooth and creamy chocolate ice cream, stuffed full with crushed Oreo pieces for a chocolatey dessert perfect for the summer heat. Oreo Chocolate No Churn Ice Cream uses no machine and is only 2 ingredients in it’s base.
I will eat ice cream any time of the year. Dead of winter? Ice cream. Perfect crisp autumn weather? Ice cream. And summertime is my favorite ice cream season. It’s the time of the year for easy, no-bake treats, like this homemade ice cream.
This is a no churn ice cream recipe that requires absolutely no ice cream machine. This is all simple ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard, and will yield an ice cream as smooth and tasty as you’d get from the shops. And this base is so versatile, you can make all your favorite flavors of ice cream. Tell me your favorite flavor in the comments, and I might make a recipe for it!
What do I need to make ice cream without an ice cream maker?
- Heavy cream.
- Sweetened condensed milk. This is the heavy cream is the base to all my ice cream recipes.
- Vanilla extract. This is not a vanilla ice cream recipe, but a bit of vanilla will boost the other flavors.
- Cocoa powder. I recommend using something high quality – high quality cocoa lends to a wonderful flavor profile. And a whole 1/2 cup goes into this recipe, so you will want that great flavor.
- Oreos. Crushed into bits and crumbled into bigger pieces – nothing better than getting a nice big Oreo cooke in your Oreo ice cream.
- Sea Salt. This is optional, but I think a dash of both vanilla and salt will create a deeper flavor
How do I made Oreo Chocolate No Churn Ice Cream?
You will start by whipping up your heavy cream in a large bowl. You can either use a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or a handheld electric mixer. Whip only until very soft peaks – you are not making whipped cream, just enough to give it a little bit of shape. On medium speed, this will take about 4 minutes.
Then you add in the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Because you do not want to whip up your cream too much, do not use the electric mixer for this next step.
Gently fold all the ingredients together, until you get a nice thick cream mixture. Once all your ingredients are nicely incorporated, add in the Oreo chunks and crumbles, reserving some for a topping.
Spread into a loaf pan, then top with the remaining Oreos.
How long should I freeze my chocolate Oreo ice cream?
I believe this is best frozen overnight, but if you absolutely cannot wait, it should be ready within 6 hours.
This can be stored for up to two weeks in the freezer – if you can make it last that long.
Tips and Tricks
- Adding a small amount of espresso powder will enhance the flavor of your chocolate. It will not taste like coffee (unless you add extra) but rather, it will bring out the deeper notes of cocoa. I recommend 1-2 tsp for this recipe.
- This ice cream base is SO versatile – try your favorite candy or cookie!
- Try making this Oreo Cookie Butter and swirling that in your ice cream for added flavor.
Want more Oreo recipes? Try my Cookies and Cream Cupcake recipe!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 - 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20-25 oreos, crushed and crumbled
- In a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, whip up heavy cream to soft peaks. On a medium speed, this will take about 4 minutes.
- Once soft peaks are reached, add in sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Gently fold until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently fold in the Oreos, reserving about 1/4th for later.
- Transfer ice cream base to a loaf pan, and then top with remaining crushed oreos.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.